I am obviously very organized.
After driving pretty much everyone around me nuts with all my indecisiveness, I decided we are going with Provenza Fossil Stone. I'm listing my reasons here so that I can come back and read them when I start second-guessing. HA!
1) The last thing I want with five kids and a neighborhood of their friends traipsing through our house is to be all crazy-worried-freaky about my floors. I want us to LIVE in that house. The knots are going to help out a ton on that. Scratches and dents (which will happen whether I like it or not) are going to be a lot less noticeable.
2) I looked up approximately 3,497 pictures of contemporary homes with "knotty" wood floors on Houzz that looked amazing.
3) I don't want this house to be sterile/contemporary. I just want it to be clean-line, simple. This floor will add some great character to the home.
4) I love the color. Every other floor I looked at was too warm for what I'm going for in this house.
5) I want our house to be more casual than formal.
6) I love the feel of this wood. The "Weathered Ash" and the "Aged Alabaster" were beautiful, but neither felt as "real" to me as the "Fossil Stone."
7) A very sweet blog reader sent me pictures and personal experience with her own "Fossil Stone" flooring she installed recently. There's nothing like another "personal" five-star review to help make a big decision.
8) All our flooring people were starting to look at me like I had a serious screw loose, which I certainly do. :)
So, I'm celebrating getting that big decision under my belt by going to bed and hoping that I won't wake up all night worrying about dumb floors like I have been for the last few weeks:) Dumbest thing ever. SOo many more important things to worry about in life!!
Thanks again for the help on that one.